Who We Are
Thank you for visiting the Stafford SPCA.
The Stafford SPCA is a Virginia Non-Stock, “Not For Profit” no-kill animal rescue organization dedicated to saving and improving the lives of area animals. We are committed to caring for animals in need, educating the community, and raising awareness of the importance of putting a stop to animal cruelty and abandonment.
We are located at 140 Andrew Chapel Road, Stafford, VA. 22554 and are open by appointment only.
Office: (540) 657-7387 (PETS) – Please leave a voice mail and your call will be returned as soon as a staff member is available.
Fax: (866) 522-8042
What We Do
To report a Lost or Found pet, please visit our Lost and Found page which include instructions on notifying Stafford County Animal Control.
To Adopt, please see our ADOPT link at the top of this page. To meet with any of our animals, you will need to download/print our adoption applicationand fill it out. Scan/email or fax the form as directed on the Adoption page and you’ll be contacted as soon as your application is approved. Please note, all dog adoptions require a fenced yard. We also perform criminal background checks and home visits. Our adoptions are intended to be loving, long-term adoptions and we are heavily invested in our process and our commitment to pets in our program.
To Report Abuse/Neglect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with information regarding the abuse. Also, call Stafford County Animal Control at 540-658-7387 to make a formal report. Unsure about what’s considered abuse/neglect? Click here for more information on Animal Law.
For information regarding Wildlife, visit the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries if you’ve found injured or sick animals that are NOT companion animals. For a list of wildlife rehabilitators, click here.
To Surrender a pet, please email email@example.com with pictures and information about your pet. Surrenders are taken on a ‘space available’ basis only. If you have little to no time to rehome your pet, please see our list of other Local Rescues. Emails regarding surrenders should include:
- Your Name, address, phone number, email address and best time to contact you
- Name of pet
- Age of pet
- Breed of pet
- Gender of pet and if he/she is spayed/neutered
- How long have you had the pet?
- Where did the pet come from? (If you originally adopted the pet from another SPCA or no-kill shelter, please contact them before contacting us as they will likely prefer to take the pet back)
- Have you invested in any training?
- If this pet is a cat, is he/she declawed?
- What is the reason for surrender?
- Is the pet compatible with cats, kids and dogs?
- Is the pet up to date on ALL shots?
- If the pet is not up to date on shots or spayed/neutered, are you willing to bring the pet current and have it altered to increase it’s chance of adoption?
- Are you willing to pay a surrender fee for the continued care and feeding of your pet while we are finding a forever, loving home?